Corsair Community

Flash Voyager Does Not Write

melwille

I'm writing on behalf of my grandmother, she purchased a Flash Voyager 512 meg model. In the last month, she has been unable to write any files to her flash drive. She is storing about 160 megs of files, and when attempting to write a file windows displays an error saying "Unable to create the file - The directory or file cannot be created." The drive reads fine, I pulled all the data off and have it backed up somewhere else, but any help would be appreciated, I'm not sure if we should just RMA it right away or what.

• Corsair Employee

Please try and do this under a command prompt:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

If you still have problems, let’s get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I've tried the format option

Format (X:) /FS:FAT /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

on my 1GB Flash memory and it has formatted to 60MB have I missed a switch parameter somewhere. Prior to this I had run the EzRecover_Corsair_49140.exe untility which had not fixed the problem.

I'm not technical so I'd appreciate any help and best put in easy to understand wording.

Thx

Archived