Corsair Community

striker extreme, dominator pc6400 C3DF

iceman2k

this is the first time ive posted here but ive got a question about my dominator ram, i bough 4 x 1gb sticks of 2x1024 DDR2 PC6400 C3DF.

i have two sticks running in my pc and 2 in my brothers, we're both running the exact same equipment except for the power supplies which are different manafacturers and power ratings.

we are both running the same overclocks and voltages, i have set the timings and memory voltages to that stated on the sticker of the memory itself 3-4-3-9 @ 2.4v. after 2 days of these options being ran one of my brothers sticks appear to have died, the pc wouldn't post so i removed one stick posted, tried the other wouldn't post.

now ive read a lot of reviews and forums saying that the 680i chipset is the culprit for this memory dieing so quickly, is this the case? or is 2.4v to high a voltage for the memory causing its life expectancy to dramatically reduce? even tho its the stated voltage.

any help here would be greatly appreciated.

this is the first time ive posted here but ive got a question about my dominator ram, i bough 4 x 1gb sticks of 2x1024 DDR2 PC6400 C3DF.

i have two sticks running in my pc and 2 in my brothers, we're both running the exact same equipment except for the power supplies which are different manafacturers and power ratings.

we are both running the same overclocks and voltages, i have set the timings and memory voltages to that stated on the sticker of the memory itself 3-4-3-9 @ 2.4v. after 2 days of these options being ran one of my brothers sticks appear to have died, the pc wouldn't post so i removed one stick posted, tried the other wouldn't post.

now ive read a lot of reviews and forums saying that the 680i chipset is the culprit for this memory dieing so quickly, is this the case? or is 2.4v to high a voltage for the memory causing its life expectancy to dramatically reduce? even tho its the stated voltage.

any help here would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. sorry for the double thread post but kinda though the subject wasnt appropriate.

Archived