Corsair Community

Stick went bad.

I have two sticks of xms3202v1.3. One stick has gone totally off. Gives errors at stock speeds. The second stick is amazing. I need to RMA the bad one. Pretty easy to test. One stick no errors, the other craps out about twice a minute after a boot and starts taking little chunks out of my OS. Tried some kingston value ram in the slots, it works fine. Stable for weeks without the bad stick.

Chris

I have two modules of cmx1024-3200c2 .

Tried the module at 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.6 to 2.8V, it just cant stay stable. 12 X 200 on a mobile 2500 Barton core. The el cheapo Ram I used for test purposes runs fine at stock and dies at a 1% overclock. It can't handle stock with loosened timings even at 2.8.

Why are you wasting my time? The stick used to work fine. Now it gets errors just sitting at the desktop. I used prime95 and it can't last longer than 60 seconds at stock. It was rock solid for over 24hours on Prime95 before, now its obviously broke. I don't want to reinstall my OS, thats how bad the stick is, and I don't have a floppy drive. Just take back your broken product and test it yourself. Using the value Ram, without the bad stick in at the same settings it never gets an error. The bad stick has been sitting on my desk for weeks, no errors since removing it. Memory error(OS) 30 seconds after putting it back in. Done.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived