Corsair Community

Quick question about my RMA

Okay, I just received my RMA number yesterday for a bad stick of RAM that I have. I bought 2GB of Corsair XMS RAM about a year ago, and just last week one of the stick's died out and left my computer rebooting by itself and freezing randomly. Anyways, my question is, since only 1 stick died, do I have to send both sticks in? If so, I will not be able to access my PC until I receive my new RAM because I don't happen to have any extra memory laying around. If I could just send in the one stick that is fried that would make everything easier. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the help guys. Just got one more question. Let's say I only send in one stick, then once I receive my new stick of RAM, I send in the other stick from my original pair? Is it possible to do that? As sad as it sounds, I just don't want to go without my PC running for a week or so. I've already tried to borrow sticks of DDR from my friends but they all have just enough for their own systems.

Thanks again

• Corsair Employees
No I am sorry, if you do that the module will not match. I would suggest calling and talking to our customer service and see if there is any thing they can do to speed that up. 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0"

Archived