Corsair Community

ASUS P5N-E SLI and CORSAIR CM2X1024-6400C4

mcmurdock

RamGUY please help me,

I got two packs of corsair memory 2x (2x CM2X1024 6400C4 800Mhz). All memory show me a lot of errors at DOS mem test, and at Vista Mem test as well. But on other MB works the memory fine.

I have bios 0505. should bios 0602 help me? or what should I set at bios to solve it? Some times my windows Vista Home Premium does not work right (blue screen). At bios I have the factory setting.

P.S.

CORSAIR 1024 675Mhz works perfect.

THX very much

With 4 modules I would set the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts.

A)I cannot find at bios where set 675Mhz

B) Thay should upgrade the bios, should not thay? Becouse I buy 800Mhz and I want to use it :)

Thx Mc

• Corsair Employees

Two modules or one set of modules should run at 800 MHz with out problems, but this is common and may not be the MB at all just the limits of your configuration.

You can use these settings for reference as we have tested with 4 modules in the lab:

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

Two modules or one set of modules should run at 800 MHz with out problems, but this is common and may not be the MB at all just the limits of your configuration.

You can use these settings for reference as we have tested with 4 modules in the lab:

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

Will try thx :)

• 9 months later...

Think my problem is similar.

I can't get the 4GB Ram (2x)TWIN2X2048-6400C4) at 800mhz.

I tried several things I read here, Ram Voltage is 2,1 (2,085 is nearest) and the NB Voltage is 1,536V (read here that somebody get the System work with these settings).

But whatever I do, everytime the MB just beep and I have a black screen until I take I Ram out und set the Frequenzy to 667.

I mean, it's not that hard ... but if you had any Answers for me, I would be lucky.

And another Question: Does any body know the original NB-Voltage ?! Can't find it anywhere, so is the 1,5V the right one or should I set it higher (next step is about 1,7V as I remember)

Thanks for your help so far =)

EDIT, if necessary:

Timings are 4,0-4-4-12

Command Rate is 2

Other settings "Auto", but I post them to be sure all is correct:

tRC 19 (set to 24, but it says 20 under Windows ?_? )

tCPC 0

tWR 4

tRRD 3

tRWT 5

tWTR 8

tRDRD 3

tWRWR 2

Get them from the nVIDIA Control Panel =)

EDIT 2nd:

I read here the tRC should be 24 ... made it.

I set the NB Voltage back to "Auto" because nothing changes. But I now have set the RAM Frequenzy to 700mhz (QFSB is 1400, so they work better together, otherwise it set the real RAM Frequenzy to 652) and it is working nice. But the 800 would be a little bit nicer ^^

• 6 months later...

Mhh, after a long time I changed some configuration and made a biosupdate.

I tried again to get the 800mhz with this configuration and failed.

But now, I overclocked my CPU a bit more and could change the RAM Frequenzy to 720mhz. All about would not start.

But with 1600mhz QFSB I think it's enough for that board. Just wanted to "update" here.

So, new BIOS doesn't change anything =)

Archived