TWINX2048-3500LL

And 1 GB TwinX Matched Memory Pair

TWINX1024-3500LLPRO

Are these 100% compatable?

my M/B is an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Thanks,

Javalin

• Corsair Employees
No I am sorry but the tested settings would only be guaranteed with one set of modules. And with two sets with this MB you may have to run the memory at DDR333 not to mention we have always suggested not mixing memory with any system.

I'm not sure I understand...Both sets of ram are 3500LL, how is this mixing memory?

Do you mean mixing two 1 GB sticks and two 512 MB sticks is considered "mixing" memory and is not recomended?

I originally wanted four 1 GB sticks but the computer shop I bought these from said 4 GB wouldn't show up in the system' so they put 3GB's total in instead.

• Corsair Employees
Yes that is mixing and like I said you will not get 4 modules to over clock like that, there is more loading on the memory controller. I would test them one set at a time to be sure and then with all 4 installed set the memory at DDR333 at 2.8 Volts and Disable Legacy USB and test with http://www.memtest.org

Thank you for your reply..I'm thinking I'll just uninstall the two 512 MB sticks

and operate with the two 1 GB sticks. I just use this computer for gaming so I do not think I'll see any performance hits...???

Archived