Corsair Community

RAM problem

I just received my RAM from a warranty thing and I put it in and my screen is black. I take it out and my screen works fine. I have even tried different slots...same thing. I think my RAM I sent in looks a bit different from this also.

The RAM I sent in has black rectangles on both sides and this one has it on one side. It is still 512 RAM but not what I had.

EDIT: If this problem can't be fixed... I would like my money back because I have waited too long for this and now it doesnt even work.

• Corsair Employees

Please call our Tech support at 800-205-7657 and we will try to help you solve the problem, and our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday threw Friday excluding holidays!

Or

Can you tell me our modules part# and revison of both of your modules? (How To Read the Memory Label)

And the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

You should do the RMA for all of the modules in your system because with most MB's all the memory you use would need to be matched.

I cant go without having my computer for job purposes... am I able to give you info of the one that I know works and then send the bad one ( one I just received from rma) and you can get me another of the good, or do I have to send both?

If that is the case I can't because of work

EDIT: Maybe take a photo of the two pieces of ram for proof?

• Corsair Employees
Please talk to our customer service about that and I am sure they do their best to help you. Our hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday thru Friday, please try to call them again at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" and do not hit any other extension or send an email to rma@corsairmemory.com along with your RMA# and ask them to check the status for you.

Archived