Corsair Community

Please Help Having Memory Problems!

eespinoza32

I just purchased a set of 2 x 1Gb DDR2 533Mhz PC-4200 Corsair Value Select memory and my computer still wont complete the P.O.S.T. I have a Dell XPS 600 motherboard with a 3.0 Ghz Pentium 4. Like I said it wont even boot up all that it does is begin to power up and immediately start the following error beep sequence 1-3-2. According to Phoenix Bios beep codes this is a memory compatibility issue. There are also a set of diagnotic lights on the motherboard itself and they light up green-yellow-green-yellow which according to the manual is also indicating a memory problem. I have tried several manufacturers of memory (PNY, Samsung, Kingston) and I finally purchase the set of Corsair which is what was recommended by the dell manual and I am getting the same error. The worst part is that I am not even getting anything on the screen because it is not completing the P.O.S.T. Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated and I have run out of money and Ideas. Please if anyone has any suggestions that may be able to help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys ahead of time for any assistance that you might be able to provide!

Yeah, I've already tried to boot with one stick but i still get the same series of beeps and nothing on the screen. At the expense of sounding ignorant how do you go about clearing the cmos? I believe I have tried that but im not sure if i have done it correctly. I moved the pin contacts over on the cmos pins on the motherboard but my question is if you have to boot the system with the contacts moved over or do you move the contacts and move them back to its original position without rebooting? Either way i am truely frustrated with this problem and getting to the point where i about to give up. I've performed several builds but i've never had a problem like this one. Thanks everyone for your help.

It was a build from spare parts! I used a xps gen 5 case and xps 600 mother board so it didnt have memory on the board when it got to my hands.

You mean there's no memory stick in Dell XPS when you get it from Dell?

I got the motherboard from ebay and I got the case from a friend. The board was bare when i got it. As far as dell board being picky with memory manufacturers. This specific board originally came with corsair memory. Its freakin frustrating:evil: the hell out of me to the point where im probably just going to scrap this project if theres no one out there that can help me out!!!!!!!!!! Thanks anyways guys for your help:laughing: .

Archived