Corsair Community

Bad modules CMX1024-3200PRO

I have two pairs of matched 2 gb twinX memory that i bought a little over a year ago. Recently i had a blue screen of death and 3 of the 4 sticks went bad. all but one of them prevents windows from running. What should I do?

All the BIOS settings for the ram and cpu are set to auto. the BSOD happened while I was in lineage 2 a rather memory intensive program. I had l2, vent and catalyst control running at the time of the crash. I took the pc into the local computer shop after failing to find out what had gone bad on my own. they tested the memory and all but one of the modules failed according to their test. they also tested the hdd's, cpu, gpu's and all those passed. I had run 3dmark on the computer but that was months and months before this happened.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest testing the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure at Cas 3-3-3-8 at DDR400 at 2.75 Volts and if they all pass then I would set the memory frequency at DDR333 at Cas 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.8 Volts with all four modules installed and you have to set the Command Rate to 2T as well.

1 of the four wont even boot at all. 2 of the four will boot to the mem test then fail with flying colors, not passing anything at all in the mem test and the last stick as i said still works fine.

I am running vista now and it works with just that one working module in, but I have it out and am using some back up ram atm so that I can use my machine while figuring this out. because the one good stick is part of one of the matched pair's.

I have and only that one stick works anymore. the other sticks give weird page fault errors going into windows xp or vista. the memory i bought to use so i can use my pc work in all 4 memory slots and in the configuration's to get dual channel. I and the place that I took my pc think that the memory sticks fried themselves for some reason. the blue screen happened while in the memory intensive program and then after rebooting it wouldn't go into xp, would just hang while looking for the memory.

taking out all but that one stick fixed that and it also works in all 4 slots. the two sticks that boot up to trying to get into windows didn't pass anything at all in mem test and well im not sure about that last stick, I tried it in all for slots and it never get to the point of turning on the gpu's. also the mobo i have as little indicator test lights for cpu, gpu, memory and it fails at the memory test and then hangs with that one stick, like its totally dead and not seen at all.

the two back up sticks im using atm pass at memtest in all 4 slots.

Alright so I submitted two rma's, one for each of the matched pairs and have gotten emails saying they were received, approved and assigned but the body of the email is just a bunch of random letters and numbers. :confused:

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support or I would check for you but please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived