Corsair Community

8500C5D 680i

Just turned on my computer today and could not boot into windows.

I've seen a lot of issues with this RAM and this chipset and am not very pleased. When I first got the RAM I had to boot one module to get into the BIOS to set the voltage at 2.2V then set an option to CPUMAX to get it to run at 1067. Ok, for the next two and a half months it all worked fine. Now I can only run the memory at 800MHz to get it to work. If I run any other setting I see error messages like "Adjust your cpu or ram frequencys", "Load needed DLLs for HAL" or I simply get C1 errors.

I've also seen a lot of post saying this ram goes bad after about 3 months?

Apparently mine did too.

Has anything been done to correct this problem or will I have to RMA my ram every 3 months?

I've done no overclocking and have two 2GB modules of 8500C5D's. How do I go about getting an RMA?

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.2 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test

I ran memtest last night for about an hour while both sticks of ram were in. I didn't receive any errors. I was having to run them at 800MHz though since I can't use them both at 1067. They were set at 2.2V. Defaults were loaded as well.

Archived