Corsair Community

RAM Guy, CMX256A-3500C2, compatible with?

WBFAir

Hello RAM guy

I have a Asus A7N8X Deluxe MB with two sticks of CMX256A-3500C2's in it. They work great and I have had them in there for several years.

I would like to add more RAM though and was hoping I could squeeze a gig stick in the third slot but as these are a bit older, I'm having trouble figuring out what would be compatible.

I'm currently running the timings at 7-3-3-2.0t @ 2.7v but I could set them back to what the MB defaults them to at 8-4-4-2.5t.

The machine is basically going to to be used as a back up/multimedia machine i.e. "watching" movies and listening to mp3's and such so I don't absolutely needed the best RAM but I'm not sure I want to go with the Value Select, unless it the best choice. Also I would like to stay in the $150.00 or below range

From what I've seen one of the CMX1024-3500LLPRO's seems like a match but I can't seem to find a single stick of that as everyone is selling those as a matched set as the TWINX2048-3500LLPRO.

Secondly, if there just isn't a compatible match, what would you think would be better, going with say a gig or two of 3200 RAM or staying with the 512mb 's of 3500 and just timing it out as much as possible.

Thanks

Bill

Archived