Corsair Community

Problem with my Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 2048MB CL5 Kit

Sasser

Hello,

Got a problem or atleast think its a problem, here goes when i try to change the timing for the ram to what been recomended see below.

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 200MHz

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 800MHz

PCI Express Freq: Auto

PCI Freq: 33.33

Performance Mode: Standard

DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

SDRAM CAS Latency: 5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 5T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 5T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 15T

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5

Write to Precharge Delay: 15 (If it's Listed)

Command Rate: 2T

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 1.9

Chipset Core Voltage: Auto

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Everything works ok when i reboot after that aslo have run memtest, prime etc etc everything is fine. But here is the thing when i try to also overclock my C2D E6400 dont matter at which rate i change it when i reboot after that only get a black screen. Now probably you think its something with my C2D but for exampel if i start at the other end and i overclock my C2D first without changing the timing on my memory just run the memory on auto it works, but if then i also try to change timing on the memory i get the black screen after reboot.

Some info about my rig,

intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz Socket LGA775

Asus P5B, P965, Socket-775

Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 2048MB CL5 Kit

XFX GeForce 7900GT

Hiper ATX 530W

Any help would be nice thx in advance.

If you want to over clock that system configuration you need to get a bigger and better quality PSU.

Yea in retrospective thats what i thought dident find any other problems, thx for the advice and keep up the good job.

• 1 month later...
I would suggest our HX520W minimum for that configuration or if you get another one of those less expensive units go with a 700

+ Watt unit.

Hello im back Ram Guy, bought the HX620W just to be on the safe side but you know what still same results a penny for your thoughts.

Archived