Corsair Community

Bad cable - replacement?

BadONE

Hello, I am from Germany and purchased the Corsair HX620W PSU from a german retailer about one week ago. Unfortunately one of the PCI-E leads is obviously broken and does not work. Other than that the PSU works fine.

I contacted 'ramguy' with official RMA request, got an confirmation, that the request was received, but since then I did not hear anything from them (4 days), so I think the request has not been processed. I don't want to send back the whole thing and would like to get a replacement cable.

Can you tell me, what to do?

• 2 months later...
I just wanted to let you all know that I just bought a HX520W PSU and one of the PCI-e outlets was broken... The cables were fine, one of the two outlets just doesn't give any power... (according to my voltmeter). I'll just go back to the shop I bought it from today and exchange it.

Just went back to the shop to return the PSU. They initially couldn't believe that a Corsair PSU would be broken ;): They refunded my money anyway and I decided to get another one. Since the 520's were out of stock (or at least not unpacked and barcode scanned yet :grrr:) I went for a 620 this time...

Hopefully this one works better, will try it later today.

Ok, I installed the 620 PSU and it works great... No problems anymore!

Just for the record: It wasn't the PCI-E "cable" that was broken (I swapped the two cables to eliminate that cause), it was one of the two PCI-E outputs just not giving any voltage....

(Now I come to think of it, at least one "regular" output didn't work as well... Had to change the cable to a different outlet)

Anyway. Works now... Just wanted you to know.

Archived