Corsair Community

Numerous problems with Corsair Dominator 6400C3DF

I got 4x1GB Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-6400C3DF.

I spend more than $800 for this memory and I have been fighting with it for months now. I read all the posts and tried everything. Due to the fact that my PC works fine with the cheapest memory, I would expect for it to run even better with one of the most expensive memory.

One of the 4 sticks has definitely gone bad (memtest86 showed that).

The other 3 modules pass memtest (did single pass on each separately), however my system crashes the minute I login and start playing World of Warcraft, BSODs with different page fault errors and many different dll files which leads me to believe that the rest of memory is still faulty. Never before I had issues like those. Tried EPP - no go, tried various timings including 4-4-4-12 at 2.10 volts, 2.20 also - no go, tried 5-5-5-19 - still the same. Tried 3-4-3-9 at 2.40 as found in thee forums here - still the same.

MB is Striker Extreme, tried bios 1004 and 1102, CPU is E6700, PSU is OCZ850W

I have other memory too and it works fine at its default values. The Dominator memory is unstable and I would like to ask you to replace it possibly for a newer revision or at least a working revision. Current revision is 1.1.

Thank you.

Hello RamGuy,

I submitted RMA request through the online form and I got no reply. Then I emailed the excel form as per your instructions - still no reply. What would you advise me to do? Is anyone checking these requests?

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees

It will take 24-48 hours to get a reply excluding weekends and Holidays. If not please call them at 888-222-4346 Ext "0" or 510-657-8747 Ext "0".

And yes they are answered every day, please let them know you sent two requests and the email address you used so they can check that for you.

Archived