Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 2GB - Write Protect Error

MJMatthew

Hi,

My 2GB Flash Voyager is getting a "Write Protect Error" when copying across lots of small files (totalling 100's of megabytes). The error in the System Event Viewer reads as follows-

"Windows - Delayed Write Failed : Windows was unable to save all the data for the file G:. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere. "

I have re-formatted using the Flash Utility, EzRecover and DiskManager without any luck, although it does complete the format perfectly each time. It also completes fine with any combination of file system type.

I have found that I can fill the drive with 70MB files without an error.

Any ideas what I can do? Is it possible the drive is faulty. I have tried everything, but nothing seems to resolve this problem.

Many thanks

Matthew

• 4 weeks later...

Ramguy, so a 'delayed write failed' equals a bad flash drive?

I have four Flash Voyagers. A 2 and 4 G, and more recently a 16 G and a 8G GT. The last two I get the 'delayed write failed' error message when I use them.

I use windows, NTFS file format, and use the drives for portable apps. I thought it might be my computer (Gateway laptop), but I also get the same errors when I use the drives on a desktop. At first it was a minor annoyance . . . I had to shut the computer down, disconnect the drive, and start up again. However, now I am loosing data, albeit, backedup data, but it is a hassle. Especially when it corrupts my KeePass database with all my passwords. Yesterday it was my email. I had to reinstall and move my messages back over.

So, does 'delayed write failed' mean bad drive? Thanks

Not always, If you can I would try it threw a externally powered USB HUB and see if you still get the same error. If you do then let's try replacing them.

Thanks Ram Guy.

I think I'll pass on the externally powered USB Hub. But thanks for the reply.

I tried the drives on more than one computer, with the same result.

I don't want to buy an externally powered USB Hub just to trouble-shoot the flash drives.

I think I'll just chock it up to experience and look for another brand of flash drive. Two out of four having problems doesn't sound good. Thanks.

Archived