Corsair Community

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe + CMX1024-3200C2 problem

I've been running an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboartd with a matched pair of 1GB CMX1024-3200C2 with no problems for a year (2GB total). Now, I suddenly start getting memory errors with no BIOS or other device changes. I do no overclocking and take standard BIOS defaults for everything. I have tried the following things.

1) I made sure I am running the latest BIOS.

2) Narrowed it down to one of the memory modules (it won't boot with one of them but will with the other one)

3) I tried adjusting the voltage to 2.7V as suggested in other threads for the MB

4) I tried running memtest on this module (quickly gets a bunch of errors)

My system is totally stable with the single 1GB module, but if I put the second one in or try to run just with the second one, it's a paperweight.

What's next?

That stinks. Looks like I'll have to buy more memory before that happens. I guess I'll need another matched pair of 1GB, CMX1024-3200C2 again so when I get them back I can put all 4 in, otherwise I'll have problems if I have 2 pair of different types, correct?

Wonder if Ram Guy will offer any suggestions on Monday...

• 2 months later...

Intresting i musth have mised this last time i checked.

some time ago one of my sticks stoped working the one that is in the main slot aka slot 0. I removed it and put in my slot 1 in to slot 0 and comp worked i was to RMA it but as i need computer online all time i need a replacment before i could send in them both. Well any way last night my comp Blue screened and when ever i tryed to boot i got Blue screens. I rune a mem test called MemDoctor and it fails on some math tests a b and C at around 250 mb.

So basicly now both my sticks gives me errors icouldent run memtest as it doset seem to work from hirenboot cd tryed 2 versions of it.

The intresting thing is that it happend also about 1 year after i got the sticks.

Is there any known issues with this memory modules ?

Hello all. My first post here:sunglasse

I have no problems, instead i have just a few simple questions :biggrin:

1) Also have Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe with 2GB matched pair of cmx1024-3200c2, timmings set to 2-3-3-6 1T....works fantastic...however, question is what are the other timmings (Trc...Trfc...Trwt...Twr)?

Also:

S/W DRAM Over 4G Remapping (enabled/disabled)

H/W DRAM Over 4G Remapping (enabled/disabled)

2) How does this memory overclocks? Coz either with 3700+ or x2 4600+ 210mhz is limit.

data on the sticks:

xhs 3202v1.2

THX!

• Corsair Employees

Busko

If that keeps happening I would suggest getting a better PSU from what you have listed.

xamaxy

Any setting not listed should be set to BIOS default or AUTO and the memory mapping should be at default

You can get more help with the settings at Techarp!

And with over clocking you just need to test your system the over clocking will varry, but you can look up your MB and or modules on Corsair Labs Performance Reports!

hmm last i checked HIPER was a good PSU its 580W

The thing is i switch my rams to my 2x512mb and i can run my comp again.

As far as i remeber i tested one of the sticks on another computer and had same issues as on my just wouldent do nothing all black.

But im sending them back to the shop.

I was just wondering if there was any known issues with a batch of thos mem sticks or with combination with the mobo A8N32-SLI Delux.

Archived