nvlddkmk errors and RAM getting destroyed

my rig:

motherboard: Asus striker extreme

cpu: Intel E6600

sound: Creative XiFi Elite Pro

video: Asus EN8800GTX

power: EnerMax Liberty, 620 Watt

DESTRUCTION OF MEMORY?

I started off with Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5 memory running 5-5-5-15 1066MHz 2.2V. Initially all worked fine, then after a couple of weeks i started to get the nvlddmkm error. The frequency of occurence got higher and higher. Then also blue screens (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and one with _USB_ in the name). I lowered the memory speed to 800MHz and all worked fine for a couple of days, then the nvlddmkm error came up again (in the end every few minutes). Until the computer did not boot at all anymore (motherboard message: DET DRAM). Taking out one of the memory banks made the system running again.

I thought i had bad luck and bought Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5D Dominator memory. I believe it is the same memory with a somewhat better cooling body. All was running fine for about 3 weeks at 5-5-5-15 1066MHz 2.2V. Then (after the system somehow didn't correctly enter the hibernate state and was 'running' a whole day in this twilight mode) the nvlddmkm error started again... Same procedure.. lowered memory settings.. worked for a while until in the end i could not boot anymore. Now i am running one bank of those and yesterday i saw the first occurence of the nvlddmkm error with a single memory module.

Now what i didn't really get from the posts (on the internet about the nvlddmkm error) is that this phenomenon actually destroys the memory in my situation. I start to think this happening twice is no coincidence anymore... That is bad news. Shall i buy new memory and see if it lasts another month?

GreetZ

• 1 month later...

I have TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

The problem KWasaki describes is almost exactly what has happen to me, except I do not manually adjust the voltage.

This nvlddmkm message is really bothering me.

For a while i could get it to go away by:

1> turning off SLI, problem came back in a week

2> moving memory to another slot so dual channel could not work, problem came back in about week.

Now I can find a way to get rid of the nvlddmkm message (so I cannot play any games, since error causes video to freeze :mad:) :mad::mad::mad:

Others suggest I set the memory to run at 533. This low speed is unacceptable to me. I did not pay extra for premium memory just so I could run it at bargian priced memory speeds. :sigh!:

How do I tell if my memory has been destoryed?

my rig:

motherboard: Asus striker extreme

cpu: Intel E6600

sound: Creative XiFi Elite Pro

video: Asus EN8800GTX

power: EnerMax Liberty, 620 Watt

DESTRUCTION OF MEMORY?

I started off with Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5 memory running 5-5-5-15 1066MHz 2.2V. Initially all worked fine, then after a couple of weeks i started to get the nvlddmkm error. The frequency of occurence got higher and higher. Then also blue screens (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and one with _USB_ in the name). I lowered the memory speed to 800MHz and all worked fine for a couple of days, then the nvlddmkm error came up again (in the end every few minutes). Until the computer did not boot at all anymore (motherboard message: DET DRAM). Taking out one of the memory banks made the system running again.

I thought i had bad luck and bought Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5D Dominator memory. I believe it is the same memory with a somewhat better cooling body. All was running fine for about 3 weeks at 5-5-5-15 1066MHz 2.2V. Then (after the system somehow didn't correctly enter the hibernate state and was 'running' a whole day in this twilight mode) the nvlddmkm error started again... Same procedure.. lowered memory settings.. worked for a while until in the end i could not boot anymore. Now i am running one bank of those and yesterday i saw the first occurence of the nvlddmkm error with a single memory module.

Now what i didn't really get from the posts (on the internet about the nvlddmkm error) is that this phenomenon actually destroys the memory in my situation. I start to think this happening twice is no coincidence anymore... That is bad news. Shall i buy new memory and see if it lasts another month?

GreetZ

Archived