Corsair Community

Motherbord gives C1 Error - and long beep

Bought a EVGA nForce 680i SLi Motherbord (model 122-CK-NF68-AR) back last november, have been running it With a EVGA 8800GTX video Card, E6400 Cpu, and 2 Gigs of Corsair Dominator PC2-6400 CAS4 (model twin2x2048-6400c4d) memory.

Originally I would get a couple BOSD's every now and then but in Jan I flashed the bios to the p23 version - since then the system has run amazingly stable - had not had one mysterious crash, BSOD, rebot - that is until this past monday. In the middle of playing a session of WOW, the computer suddenly flashed a very quick blue screen (maybe 1/2 second), and then rebooted - upon rebooting the motherboard displayed the C1 error (memory not found) and gave me a long beep, pause then long beep again.

I shut the computer down, reset the bios to its default settings, and tried to reboot - same thing happened C1 error. I then put a single stick of the memory in the last slot on the board and tried to reboot - and still had the same C1 error. I then tried it with the other stick of memory i had and the computer booted up fine. So the one stick of memory will boot the computer fine in any slot that I put it in - the other stick of memory will not boot up the computer regardless of the slot it is put in.

Archived