Corsair Community

Asus P5W DH Deluxe and 2x Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4PRO

reddragon2k1

i have tried setting these up to run at the full 800 Mhz however when i do and get it to post it will not load Vista Ultimate x64. I receive BSOD. Fastest speed i can get is 4300 with the following settings set up by SPD for 533.

Frequency 266

FSB:DRAM 1:1

CAS# Latency 5 clocks

Ras# to Cas Delay 5 clocks

Ras# Prescharge 5 clocks

Cycle time(Tras) 12 clocks

Bank Cycle time (Trc) 17 clocks.

My question is how do i set up the timingsin the bios so that the memory runs at 800Mhz on this board or the settings for the fastest (not overclocked) speed this board will support.

ps i am running them with a C2Q6600 if this helps.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Thanks for the reply ram guy however i can't run memtest atm ran out of blank cd's and i dont have a floppy drive. i will run it as soon as i get either. and i'll test all four dimms individually but in the mean time can my board run 4 dimms at 800mhz or is 266mhz the fastest when running 4 dimms?

got it ram guy thanks i think it was because i was trying to run with mobo's spd settings instead of manual. now running at 667Mhz and 4-4-4-12-20 timings. btw in bios i cant set for 20so i set it to 6 for the last setting atm cant remember what that is. i'll check next time i reboot. but thanks very much for the help. most appreciated.

Archived