Corsair Community

RMA Request

About a year ago our company purchased 2 1 gig CMX1024-3200PRO memory sticks for 2 different computers. Computer A had some problems with random reboots and then BSOD. I tried to reformat the computer and had read problems while installing Windows XP. I thought that it could be a memory error so I replaced the memory from computer B with computer A and installation of Windows XP went smoothly and computer A ran fine. I took out the memory and replaced it with the original memory stick and immediately ran into random reboot problems within the first 3 minutes. Ran MemTest and found around 8000 errors.

Systems specs:

MB: Asus A7V8X-X

Processor: AMD Athlon 2800 2.08GHz

• Corsair Employees

You will need to set the settings manually with that MB and CPU with these modules, please install the modules and go to Bios setup and load setup defaults and then set these settings:

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org to make sure its stable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Can you call our Tech support at 800-205-7657 and we will try to help you solve the problem, and our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday threw Friday excluding holidays! And ask for me I will be happy to help you personally with this.

You know I really don't have time for that. I don't see what the big deal is. I have a computer that was having problems and I replaced the memory with another stick of the exact same memory (our company purchased 2 gigs of the 3200 Pro RAM for 2 different computers) and the computer runs fine. I also took the "bad memory" and placed it in the computer that was running fine and then that computer started having issues. This is a cut and dry RAM problem and was confirmed with numerous errors when running MemTest. The other memory module passed MemTest with no problems at all.

Archived