Corsair Community

Acer travelmate c300 and VS1GSDS333

DaltonSV

Hello!

I recently bought two new VS1GSDS333 modules for my Acer travelmate c300, to replace the two 256MB memory modules I that came with the computer.

But as soon as I install one of these new VS1GSDS333 modules the computer won't boot. I only get a black screen. If I remove the new memory the computer works just as it should.

I would just like a confirmation that this is the correct memory for my computer. If so I will send it back to the store so they can replace it.

/Olov

I returned the two VS1GSDS333 modules to my reseller, and they sent me to new ones, but I have the exact same problem with the latest modules. As soon as any of the VS1GSDS333 modules are installed in the computer, I do not get anything but a black screen.

Is it likely that I have gotten two sets of bad VS1GSDS333 modules in a row, or should I start looking for other reasons for my problems?

And if so, where should I look, as the computer runs perfectly with my old memory?

/Olov

• Corsair Employee
I doubt that's the case since you have had two sets of modules, please check with the system maker to see if there is a BIOS or Firmware update and see if that will solve the problem.

I am already running the latest bios version and updates available.

Is there anything else I can try?

Could there be some kind of compability problem between my computer and the memory?

/Olov

Archived