Corsair Community

Vista and XP compatible?

Hi, I had a 1gb corsair memory (VS1GB400C3) installed on my computer and I bought 1gb more of the same memory. I have Windows XP and the new memory has a sticker that says Windows Vista Ready, does that mean that it will only work with Windows Vista? or is it safe to install it with XP?

And to install it I just have to insert it in a memory slot and it will work right? I don´t need any installation process or anything more complicated than that?

Thanks.

Thanks ram guy. Is it simple enough to do that, so that someone like myself that does not know anything about installing hardware can do it, do I need to know something about DOS or something like that? Or would it be better to take my cpu somewhere and have it installed it for me? Can you tell me how to do it or where to find it?

• Corsair Employee
It would be best if you can call us when you are in front of your system 800-205-7657. But just install the module and got to Bios setup and then Load setup defaults and then I would set the memory voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the Boot order and then exit the bios should be all you need to do.

Archived