Corsair Community

rma problem

I was going to start a new thread, however after reading this thread I figured I could just continue it. My experience with the Corsair RMA service is almost identical to the original posters.

They received my memory on April 16th according to my FedEx tracking. When April 20th rolled around and I had not had any contact from Corsair I decided to call. Well when I called I was informed that the memory was backordered and would not ship until April 27th. Ok, it sucks but hey I can deal with it. Well on April 27th I call to see if I can get sent a tracking number. The RMA rep says that my RMA number is not right and for some reason the system says it is put on a 1 month hold. He informs me it is just a system glitch and corrects it and tells me the memory will ship that day, I ask to be notified of the tracking number when it ships. Well never get any info.

April 30th I call to find out why my memory never shipped, they give me no reason but assure me that it will ship tonight overnight. They tell me I will get a tracking number via email.

May 1st, I never received an email and no memory so I call again. Same scencario as last time, but they assure me it will ship tonight and will notify me of the tracking number.

May 2nd, guess what no tracking number and the memory never shipped. So this time I call and ask to speak to the supervisor which I got hold of Hussain. He tells me that it will ship tonight and that he will call me after 5pm PDT letting me know the status. So we will see how that goes, however I feel like a chump being played by a con artist at this point.

I have dealt with some really piss poor customer service but this is by far the worst to date. Funny thing is part of my reason for paying a premium for Corsair memory is for the quality and warranty, should have come to this forum first I guess to see how well the warranty works out.

My RMA numbers are as follows:

and my new one for whatever reason 1004701

Seems a little odd to have an RMA given a "new" number.

If you clearly state what your time lines and policies are for warranty work you better do your best to standby those policies. It is very clear from my personal experience and the many others that are similar to mine, that this policy is purely on paper only and not practiced.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry about the problems you had with us, and I just spoke to our Customer Service Supervisor and he will contact you shortly to get this resolved. Please let me know if you don't hear from Hussain in the next hour or so.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry about that and I would ask you to call our customer service at 510-657-8747 or 888-222-4346 Ext "0" and ask them to check, but as I understand there were a few orders that did not go out due to some system problem.

I have sent our customer Service a message and asked them to contact you.

Haussin has called me back and said he physically had the part in his hands and gave me a tracking number. So hopefully tomorrow this problem will finally be resolved.

Will post back when I get the memory. Thanks for the assistance.

The package arrived. I have not personally seen it, however my wife read the details of the memory to me over the phone and it sounds like it is the correct stuff. When I get home I will run memtest and post back letting you know how it goes. :):

The memory arrived this past friday. I tested it with memtest86 for a few hours at the rated speed and timinigs, no issues.

Huassin, did call me on Friday twice (left a voicemail once) to make sure everything was ok with the memory.

I will give a positive about this experience:

1. I never had an issue getting a live person on the phone.

2. Even though I thought people were lying to me (could be I guess they trusted a collective system that was not functioning), every person I talked to did sound pleasant and sounded as if they truly wanted to help me.

As I went through this painful process I said to myself I would never deal with Corsair again. However I like to give people at least 2 chances. With my next system build I will not rule Corsair out based on this experience. It could be that this problem stemmed from a very poor system in place.

Note when I say system, I am not solely referring to your new software but the whole team. The software is just part of the system, the people working together is the bigger part. From the sidelines it seemed that there was some very serious communication break downs happening.

• Corsair Employees

Yes hagak I would agree with you, and we have a been working hard to solve these issues. Again I am sorry for the problems we caused you and I assure you if you should need warranty service it will not take that long.

P.S. I will send your comments to Management FYI.

Archived