Corsair Community

Memory Died AGAIN

Hey there I am new to the boards but I have had corsair memory for a while now and this is the second time I have had a stick go bad. I filled out the RMA form and 2 days ago and have not heard anything back from them. Do I need to fill out the RMA for again and why doesn't Corsair offer an advanced return? Where I can give them my credit card info and they send me 2 new sticks then I send them back the old stick and as long as they get them back they dont charge me? I mean there are several companies doing this now and that would make it so that I don't have to be without my computer for a week.....thanks for any help

Spadje

No one here is my RMA info

firstname=Seth

lastname=

product_type=TWINX2048-3200C2PT

product_qty=2x CMX1024-3200C2PT

description=Computer started acting funny. I ran memtest86+ and one stick failed completely. This is the second time this has happened and I was wondering if you guys now have an advanced return policy so that I wont be without my computer for a week.... I would give you my credit card number and as long as I sent back the bad sticks you would not charge me. Just let me know.

ticket=

purchase_date=4/4/2006

where_purchased=Newegg

CPU=AMD x2 4400+

motherboard=Asus A8N SLI

hard_disk=Western Digital 250gig SATA2

CD_DVD=Samsung SATA DVD burner

video_card=XFX 7900GS

gaming_device=

sound_card=onboard

speakers=Logitech

other=

Running all stock settings no overclocking. I lowered the cas to 3 and still had issues. That is when I ran memtest86 and about 2mins into the test stick no.2 failed everything. I thought maybe it was the slot on the board so I changed slots and still failed tests....I tested the no. 1 stick in all slots and not one failure.....

Spadje

• Corsair Employees

The PSU you have listed might not meet the minimum requirements of your Video card as I remember you need to have 18 Amps on the 12 Volts rail and that PSU has about 16 Amps as I remember. But please check it to be sure.

Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS3200C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

K tried everything you suggested and thank you for the suggestions. The second stick is still failing. I went ahead and filled out the rma form and hopefully will be able to get this taken care of quickly. I hate being without my computer :) thanks again

Spadje

• Corsair Employees
It will take about 24-48 hours excluding weekends and holidays if not please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 and dial "0" 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday Threw Friday excluding Holidays or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Archived