Corsair Community

New Flash Voyager is EXTREMELY slow :(

genci88

So I had an old 1Gb flash voyager, which I had purchased about a year ago. That drive broke so I RMAd it back to Corsair Tech support. Well, the new drive was delivered back to me in no time (props to Corsair for their speedy RMA process).

However the new drive is EXTREMELY slow. And I really mean EXTREMELY slow. It is even slower than those cheap USB drives that companies give away for free. I want to use Firefox Portable but that is completely unusable now, since it "skips" a lot; as in it stops responding for about 1-2 seconds every 10 seconds. File transfers are extremely crippled too. We all know that multiple small files are slower, but the new drive is slow even when I transfer 1 large file.

I tried formatting it with both FAT and FAT32 file systems, tried it on different computers (with Vista and XP), but nothing helped. :(

None of the problems described above occurred with the old Flash Voyager, so I am pretty sure that it's the new unit that is bad and not something I am doing wrong. Is there any firmware update (is there such a thing anyway for USB drives?), or any other thing I can try to make this new drive as fast as the old one (or at least closer to those speeds because currently it is very VERY slow...)?

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employees
It will take about 24-48 excluding weekends and holidays if not please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 and dial "0" 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday Threw Friday excluding Holidays or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

• 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

I just received the replacement today, and everything works great. The speeds have more than doubled. :)

This are the new HD-Bench results:

Read - 16886

Write - 2494

RRead - 16889

RWrite - 597

:cool:

Archived