Corsair Community

i have Bad Memory

I purchased Corsair's Twin CMX1024-3500LLPRO about 1 year ago.My Computer has been acting funny sometimes it would boot and sometimes it wouldn't. I thought it was the cabling from the hard Drive to the Mobo so I replaced and all was well for awhile. Then the other day my Computer wouldn't boot nothing, even after many resets. I replaced the ata cabling again and still nothing. So I threw in 2 different Memory sticks in and whoala it booted just fine. Next I wanted to find out which if not both sticks of memory went bad, so I put them both into my other computer. It wouldn't boot, the computer just beeped at me telling me Memory didn't pass test so I took one stick out tryied again and it booted just fine. Just for gigles I threw the bad stick in just to make sure it was bad, and sure enough it failed the memory test. So now what to do... Im told to go here first, Post and wait for Reply, then I can move forward with a replacement hopefully soon.

Thaks

KC

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

My MB is an ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE

CPU speed is 2730MHZ AMD 64 FX-55

Im running everything Stock or in Auto settings

DRAM Config is Timming Mode = AUTO

Jumperfree Config = AUTO

Im not sure what an FSB is or where to find that setting so if its important let me know where to locate and I will it get for you

Thanks

Kclark0241

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test

Archived