Corsair Community

Corsair CM2X1024-6400 & P5N32-SLI SE DELUXE

halcyon

ok i'm basically PC illiterate, so this is probably gonna suck, but we have been trying to get all 4 stick of our ram to run better than sluggish on this MOBO. i have flashed the bios but i do not think our timing or speeds or voltage are set properly. upon reboot the machines run lousy until we take 2 of the sticks out. then it runs ok with the other 2 sticks.

i have looked for this exact setup on the forum so that i wouldn't have to post a thread, but i want to make sure i know the exact settings for this exact setup in order to make sure this isnt a compatibility issue.

thanks folks!

• 1 month later...

Different user, same problem. Any combination of 2 of these sticks runs fine but when I add the other two Vista takes ~10 minutes to start and my video drivers experience a conflict that prevents them from loading.

I have the latest BIOS and have tried a series of timings garnered from other posts (as well as auto, of course), none of which have worked. This experience has exposed my tremendous ignorance regarding RAM so I'm just looking for advice at this point since I can't rely on any inherent knowledge. I don't mind reducing the speed from 800 to 667 if I must but, of course, I'd prefer to avoid doing so. Incidentally, I tested all chips with memtest for 2 days and they're just fine.

I chose these chips because my mobo box has a Corsair sticker that says "Corsair XMS2 DD2 Ready." Was this a literal half-truth on the part of Asus?

Right now, my timings are on auto and I'm using my laptop until further notice.

Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules you would need to set the memory frequency at DDR533/266 MHz or DDR667/333MHz with this MB and then set the tested settings for the specific modules you have and I would set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts as well.

Hi all

I've got a Striker Extreme and am having similar problems!

I'm coming to the conclusion that it is these Asus motherboard's.

I've read many posts on this and it seems Asus have used a crap mem controller!!

I'm gonna send mine back, will only get replacement now as, due to work-load, have taken time to diagnose.

So I now own a £200 paperweight that is going to toss back and forward between Asus and myself for the next few months.

Dearest Ramguy, I am going to buy a new Mobo to use until Asus finally bite the bullet and recall and burn, replace, refund all the many peeps having problems with their crap, SO I would be very grateful if you would recommend the best motherboards for using 4gigs of your superb memory (NOT Asus!!).

[Thats prolly just added a couple of months!! SO I REALLY NEED YOUR ADVICE DOOD!! for a stable 4 gig 3d rendering/gaming machine]

Please private message me if you don't want to commit on this forum!!

My mem is 2 x 1gig 240 dimm xms2-6400 CL5 as previously posted.

sorry to hijack this post!

• Corsair Employees

The memory controller is in the Chipset and all MB's using this chipset use the same memory controller and this is not new with more modules there is more loading on the system/memory controller and you often times need to slow the memory down.

But we have tested this MB and the striker Extream with 4 modules running a 1066 FSB CPU with our problems at these settings.

XM2S-6400

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 15

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 28

XM2S-6400C4X

SLi ready: Disabled