Corsair Community

Corsair CM2X1024-6400 & ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe

guaijole

Hello, recently I purchase an ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe Motherboard, an AMD 64 Dual Core 5200+ and a Corsair Twin Memory CM2X1024 6400 (XMS6405v5.1, 5-5-5-12, 800MHz)

The Motherboard has 4 memory (two yellow and two black) slots.

I insert memory module as the manual says "One in each yellow slot"

My problem is that initially when I plug everything, all works fine. I complete the windows XP installation and use it, but next day my Computer do some "beeps" when boot. I turn OFF/ON many times until it works again. Next day the computer never boot again.

So, I made some test:

1) I remove one Memory Module (say Module B) and the computer boot normally and windows start normally but with 1GB instead 2GB.

2) I insert the memory B again and the computer beeps (black screen)

3) I change the position, memory B in the slot A and memory A in the slot B. The computer do nothing, no boot, no beeps anything, just a black screen.

4) I remove the memory A and leave only the memory B in the slot A and occur same a test 3)

5) Finally I leave the memory A in the slot A and remove the memory B and everything works fine again.

So, I dont understand why the first day everything works fine (with both memory modules) and then everyting fails :(

Somebody know if I and doing something wrong?

Thanks.

I am having the exact same problem. I have a ASuS 590 sli mb using corsair cm2x1024-6400 sticks. I have done everything suggested on this site but the system just keeps crashing until I remove one of the sticks and then all is fine. I don't know what else to do except return the ram and purchase another brand. This was my first experience using Corsair and my last. They have really let alot of ppl down with this ram.

It isn't the mb's fault, I ran a vista memory test and it stated hardware issues. I have gone through two sets of this ram with the exact same result and weeks of frustration trying to make this work. NOTHING just crashes, timing is set to what is stated on the ram 5-5-5-12 and voltage set to 2.1, I reset the bios to default values and nothing just crashes.

• Corsair Employees

compuworm

Please start your own thread and list your complete system spec's and then tell us the exact error you are getting.

guaijole

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

when I insert module A, everything works fine, when I insert module B nothing works (just beeps), if I insert both also nothing works(just beeps).

I confiugure the BIOS has you explain in yje "What are the correct timing for my module", and set the voltage has you said, but same error occur.

So, i think that the module B is not working or has a defect.

I must return only the module B? o both?.

Is very complicate for me to return both because I must work, and now my computer is more slow but I can work with the module A.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guaijole, what do you mean A & B? is that 1 yellow & 1 Black? or that is in the same color and you name it A & B? Don't insert your memory stick in the same color of your slot... it should be alternating, 1 yellow and 1 black to work a dual channel.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey I am have very similar problems to what you are having. So far I have not been able to get the problem fixed either. I tried moving my 2 sticks of RAM into alternating color slots like Cmos said, this allowed my computer to boot however now it resets whenever Windows tries to load. Guaigole, did replacing your stick of RAM fix the problem? I'm wondering if I should try replacing mine or not, I just bought one of the sticks a few days ago, the working stick is from about a year ago. They are both the same exact model. Here is a link to my page on the forum http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60838

Archived