Corsair Community

667 sodimm backward compatible with 533 sodimm?

madirect

Hello

Is the DDR2-667 (PC2-5300) SODIMM (PArt # CMSS1GB-667SOD) backward compatible with the DDR2-533 (PC2-4200) SODIMM (Part # CMSS1GB-533SOD)

I have a HP 8230 notebook, which has a 533 FSB, would the faster memory be compatible with my notebook? I'm planning to get 2 of the 1G sodimm, would like to find out first before ordering. Thanks.

Ma

Yep, just plugin Laptop/notebook, then Hewlet-Packard, wait a bit (for the model numbers to be downloaded to you), then select the 8230 model number from Legend's posted link. Just upgraded my one gig Hp 8320 notebook about a month ago to two gigs of Corsair (system select series). With typically 53 processes and 26 startup applications the performance improvement was massive. Now the hard drive light only blinks occasionally after startup. BF2 went from all low quality settings with no filtering to all high settings with 4x filtering. Online battles went from a jerky nightmare to smooth as butter.

that's mean the 667 will be compatible with 533 bus speed? can't find the info on the link. :[pouts:

i know from the link, i could get my model listed and corsair recommanded a pc4200 533FSB sodimm. But I want to know if the PC5200 667FSB sodimm would work. Thanks again.

Archived