Corsair Community

CM72SD1024RLP-3200/S Defects in memtest

BladE2k

Hi,

When trying to install any x64 Operating System (Vista / XP64 / W2k3), i had quite some problems with normal installation. Common error messages like 0x124 and 0xc9 weren't uncommon.

Finally backtraced it to 1 of the 8 memory modules that showed errors in memtest86+, on bits 4 and 5 in a specific address range (around 7849.9MB).

Errors were more than 1 bit, so ECC couldn't correct it sadly. Anyway, found the 'bad' memory module by trial and error after a few hours of memtest and found out the errors kept occuring on different banks as well, to exclude a defect on the mobo.

Is this enough to setup an RMA request?

Did you test the modules one set or one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure? If you did then let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

Hi,

I've done several tests. I have cross-checked them over the available slots per CPU, also all one by one, i've made it pretty certain for myself to figure out the problem that caused me an headache for a day :)

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Archived