Corsair Community

Twin2x1024-6400c4 4-4-4-12 Epp

scotland21

Hi, just bought 1gig of TWIN2X1024-6400C4 4-4-4-12 EPP to complement my TWIN2X2048-6400C4 4-4-4-12 EPP and I have bsods and crashes.

I have removed the 2 gigs set and ran memtest v1.65 on the 1024 set and it comes up with errors on test 5 when run in dual channel.

Removed the 1024 set and placed the 2048 set into the same slots and ran memtest no errors reported.

Do I have faulty memory.:(:

• Corsair Employees

With 4 modules you cannot use EPP, and when you change the modules, did you load setup defaults and then set the tested settings and Voltage and test them with http://www.memtest.org Ver 1.70 or newer. And I would set the Voltage to 2.0 Volts. In addition with 4 modules load setup defaults and then set these settings:

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 15

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 28

Hi ramguy,

I have tested these modules on their own i.e. just the two 512mb sticks.

When the two are in I get errors on test five of memtest v1.65 and these were at relaxed timinngs.

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 18

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 25

cas 5

I tested the 2 x 1024 modules which returned no errors in the same memory slots to rule out any motherboard problems hoping this would not confuse any setup issues with the memory errors.

I,ve just run memtestv1.70 the 2 x 512mb memory running in dual channel, reset bios to defaults , voltage to 2.0v and set to run at correct values.

Test 5 at 98% brings up errors.

Same test with 2 x 1024mb no errors, using same memory slots etc.:(:

• 4 weeks later...

I have purchased another 1 gig set and I have the same problem with this set as the I had with the last set.

Set bios to defaults, run the memory with loose timings, using the same memory slots that I have used with the 2 gig set with no problems and memtest throws up errors on test 5 at 99%.

Is this a compatability issue as the 2 gig set works with no problems.:(:

I have another computer with an msi mobo so I thought I would test the memory on that and hey presto it passed test 5.

I have now installed the 2 gig set and the 1 gig set and it is running with no probs.

I have to assume the dfi mobo does not like the 1 gig set as it wouldn't run with either of the 2 sets even though the 2 gig set has always been fine.

I now have the ocz memory from the other computer.

Thanks for your help.

John:D:

Archived