Corsair Community

Voyager 8G GT != ReadyBoost

Kaijin

So I purchased this USB device specifically for Readyboost and it doesn't work! First I plugged it into my G15 keyboard and vista tells me that "this device could be faster" meaning it wasn't on a USB 2.0 port. So I switched it to the back of the computer, and it did not complain about USB 2.0 so I assume it is (it showed that I had several USB 2.0 ports previously). But now I can't get it to use the drive for Readyboost! I've done numerous restarts with the device connected and not connected. I formatted it to NTFS, since that's what Vista uses natively. When I right click on the device and select AutoPlay it does not say anything about ReadyBoost. A couple users on newegg left reviews for this drive to say that they had used it for Readyboost (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16820233054). Any help would be greatly appretiated!

• Corsair Employees
In order for Ready Boost to work the drive would have to be formatted in NTFS and you would have to connect it to a USB 2.0 Port. And when you plug it in at the bottom of the auto play window is where you should see the option for ready boost.

That's what I did. It does not display the readyboost option in the autoplay window. I plugged it in to a friend's vista laptop today and it worked fine (deffinately increased performance). I'm going to try "uninstalling" the flash drive so that my system forgets it ever existed.

Archived