Corsair Community

Buy another 2gig dominator 6400c4d?

barhom

Hi!

I can start of by mentioning that I have 2gb of dominator 6400c4d's already thats working fine I guess, i.e. those that are supposed to be "R.O.G. specified" (or something) with a Striker Extreme R.O.G and Im thinking of upgrading to 4gb however I have heard there is problem with running 4gb with this so called top-of-the-end motherboard.

I would like to hear from you guys if it is possible to get it 4gb running at the specified 800mhz.

Also, another question, not as important - however I got these 2 sticks currently running on windows vista (x64) and the Windows Experience Index gives a score for the ram at 5.0, which is relatively low from what Ive seen on the internet for ppl running 2gigs of 800mhz sticks.

I have an e6600, not overclocked atm and a 8800gtx card so everything else including the harddrives are at 5.9 at the index, but not the ram.

Any information on why that would be helpful?

• Corsair Employees

We have tested XM2S-6400C4D with 4x modules at these settings for Striker Extreme, P5N-E, P5N32-E:

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.v

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

Please make sure you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set these settings and test your system again.

Archived