Corsair Community

I want to add an additional gig of cmx 512 3200llpt

ZTaylor

I have a gig of twinx cmx512 3200llpt memory and want to find another gig. Does corsair still make it? I cant seem to find it.

I did find some on ebay. My timings are 2326 and his are 2226, and I have revision 1.2 and his are 1.1. Would his memory still be compatable with mine?

This will be going into a Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

Thanks for any help.

I have a gig of twinx cmx512 3200llpt memory and want to find another gig. Does corsair still make it? I cant seem to find it.

I did find some on ebay. My timings are 2326 and his are 2226, and I have revision 1.2 and his are 1.1. Would his memory still be compatable with mine?

This will be going into a Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately, all of the 3200LL series memory (and all of the low-latency DDR memory modules from any brand or manufacturer, for that matter) are no longer being manufactured due to the simple fact that the IC's used in those modules are also no longer being produced. In addition, the Athlon 64 memory controller is especially allergic to mixed DIMMs - even mixed revisions of the same-model memory. And even if you can find a pair of memory modules that exactly match yours, you may be forced to run your memory at a slower speed than the modules' rated speed (e.g. DDR333/PC2700 or even DDR266/PC2100 instead of DDR400/PC3200) due to the significantly increased loading on your CPU's memory controller. (In fact, that Asus motherboard will default to DDR333/PC2700 if you fill in all four memory slots.)

Your best bet is to find another use for your existing modules, and just go with one TWINX2048-3200C2 or VS2GBKIT400C3 kit.

Archived