X1950 Pro from MSI

I have hard problem!!!!

When i start computer with default settings, the bios at boot shows :

C2D at 2.4Ghz

Ram PC2 6400 ...2Gb ...

no errors with OCCT

ok!

well!

BUT when i want to overclock like 400*9=3.6Ghz, orthos prime failled after 2 secondes...

And i have sometimes this message : IRQL_not_LESS_or_equal when windows boot failled

My bios is the last: 1101

AI Tuning: MANUAL

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 400Mhz

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 800MHz

Frequency PCI-E: 100Mhz

Frequency PCI synchronisation: 33.33Mhz

Spread spectrum: D

Voltage DDR2: 2.1V

CPU voltage: 1.60V

OVTT: A

Nb Vcore: A

Sb Vcore: A

OVTT (ICH): 1.215V

advanced options CPU:

X 9 manual

C1E suppport: D

max cpuid: D

Vanderpool technologie: D

CPU TM function: A

Execute Disable Bit:A

PECI:D

chispset ram:

DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5

Write to Precharge Delay: 15 (If its Listed)

Static read control disable!

I test the 2 modules in the same time... When i launch memtest86+ 1.70, after disabled legacy USB support, i find 10 errors after 30 minutes testing...

A question: Before, i had twin2X2048 6400C4, and i had THE SAME problem! in 400*9=3.6Ghz memtest find 250 errors after 10 minutes. But in 266*9=2.4Ghz (so without overclocking), i tested ram under memtest and i didn't see errors after 8 hours of test!

So WHERE DOES THE PROBLEM COME? I don't think it is the RAM... maybe i receive 2 BAD packs of ram but i will be very unlucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

PLEASE! HELP ME! TELL ME WHICH OPTIONS I MUST CHANGE IN THE BIOS FOR MY RAM AND THE PROCESSOR IN ORDER TO HAVE 3.6GHZ and NO ERRORS!

Really thanks for your future answers...

Deuspit

nobody knows?

And an other question:

When i overclock at 400*9=3.6Mhz the processor, Ram at 800Mhz ( ratio FSB/DRAM =1/1) i find errors on my RAM... but when i test during 12 hours the ram at defaut bios ( 266*9=2.4Ghz and ram at 800Mhz, ratio 2/3) i have no error : so, IS MY RAM WORKING OR NOT? Can i change it? or the problem comes from other components??

Thanks for asnwers...

hi, i have exact same setup as you same motherboard,ram,and cpu.

im fustrated that my ram cant run at 800mhz and i get same problem as you it crashes out the ram is certified to run at 800mhz and at 4-4-4-12 timings yet im using it at 766mhz at 5-5-5-15 timings and even then its not 100% stable i get a reboot after about 12hours use.

let me know if you solved problem i have tried every setting in the book but nothing i dont know if its fault or ram is is just laim.

hi, i tested it under the settings you say and memory tests passed but when i run orthos under windows it fails under 30mins when i set my timmings back to 5-5-5-15 orthos runs stable for 3+hours.

and i dont understand when you say enter the frequency of ram to 800mhz because you cant manually enter it, its either 740 or the next option is in the 1000's. I checked the ram on the table i was lucky to get micron's

and when i turn my pc on the boot screen sais pc 5400? To make things less complicated i uploaded my bios pics.

bios1.thumb.JPG.c64c7fca29021d9a7aa83efd35504bcb.JPG

bios2.thumb.JPG.3ea11190f044d90698254eff5faa4fc6.JPG

Hello

Test failled afeter 35 minutes... 10 errors on rams... But i change the ram of the motherboard slot... and i launched memtest: no error in 3 hours...

I think i have a motherboard problem...

But i am always unstable with orthos at 400 * 9 =3.6Ghz... I think i have a bad processor type... :(:

Well...a friend is going to receive new PC... I will try my processor on it. And i could know from where does the problem come...

I will post a reply next week about that.

Thanks to corsair support!

hi, i tested it under the settings you say and memory tests passed but when i run orthos under windows it fails under 30mins when i set my timmings back to 5-5-5-15 orthos runs stable for 3+hours.

and i dont understand when you say enter the frequency of ram to 800mhz because you cant manually enter it, its either 740 or the next option is in the 1000's. I checked the ram on the table i was lucky to get micron's

and when i turn my pc on the boot screen sais pc 5400? To make things less complicated i uploaded my bios pics.

Just put 400 instead of 370 and your ram will turn a to 740====> 800 MHZ synchronised with processor at 1:1 ....

You can't have 800Mhz with the ram with a FSB processor at 370Mhz in synchronisation mode...

Archived