Corsair Community

miniSD to SD adapter not working properly

danulf

Hi!

I just got a new miniSD memory card and all is well on my stationary computer; I can read and write to the card, both with and without the SD adapter. But my laptop refuses to read the card! I have an SD-slot, but all I get is a 0byte unit called MMC - SD. If I put in the miniSD (without adapter) in my stationary computer I get a ~ 1gb moveable unit.

I've asked for a solution on another forum, but they didn't know. Someone there thought I should download the drivers for the adapter, but I don't think that exists :D

Any ideas what it can be? Their site says this:

Corsair's new MiniSD cards are designed to help you maximize the use of your mobile phone, digital camera GPS and PDA. When used with the included adaptor Corsair MiniSD cards can be used as full size SD cards in any SD host device. Corsair MiniSD cards are available in capacities ranging from 256MB to 2GB.

Thanks for the answer!

However I just noticed that I wrote "can't" when I in fact meant to say "can" :D

I meant that I can read/write to the card on my stationary computer, both with and without the adapter. My laptop on the other hand won't read it properly, that's where I get the 0byte disc.

Do I have to send it all the way to the US if I want it replaced? If so, it's a lot cheaper just buying a new card :D

EDIT: I guess I do... I could send it back to the retailer, but it is working, just not on my laptop, they would probably just say "don't use it on your laptop then" or something. :)

• Corsair Employees

Wait, that changes the suggestion, such a small word has such a big impact.

If the card is working properly in another system with or with out the adapter, that would suggest some other problem, what is the make and model of the device that it will not work in? And are you sure that device will support that size of drive?

It's a HP laptop (compaq nc6000). I've used other SD-cards on it, and they have worked just fine. The problem has to be the computer, at least that's how it looks. It's wierd that the sd-reader doesn't take adapters though, but now that I think about it I should probably call HP up and ask what's up :o: I guess I'll :sigh!:

thanks anyway!

Archived