Corsair Community

Flash Voyager USB 2.0 problem

mil.j

I am hoping this is "just me", but I have about 30 MP3 files loaded onto my flash drive which I reviewed and played yesterday. They work in my MP3 player and I can view the files on my Computer. The problem lies in the fact that I cannot load more MP3's onto this Flash without an error that reads.... "Cannot copy [song name]: The directory or file cannot be created."

I only have about 415 Meg used and over 1.4 gig available, so it is not a "space" error. I have tried copying a small Excel file onto the flash, and it still does not work (same stupid error message). I have not tried it on my laptop, but this Flash worked on this Computer just yesterday for copying MP3's onto it. There appears to not be a "lock" on this flash, and I have checked the properties and no settings appear any different than one of the other flash drives that I own.

I am a bit frustrated at this point, and would be happy to have some assitance.

Thanks in advance...

• Corsair Employees

I would try and format the drive from a command Prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X= drive letter assigned to the flash drive.)

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Thank You... RamGuy.... Reformatting from the cmd prompt worked first time. I will keep an eye on it, but am very happy with the flash drive for the price I paid for this. I expect a few bumps in the road... :sunglasse

Archived