Corsair Community

7GB of Bad RAM

tophfro

Hello,

I've been having problems with my system crashing on a regular basis and after replacing everything but the RAM had determine that it might be the part that was bad. I just bought 2 of the TwinX 2048 Pack in hopes that this would solve my problems only to find out that I still have problems. I've read through the forums and ran the Memtest on the system trying all that i could and the best i can tell is that I have 7GB of bad RAM (I originally had 3GB and replaced it all with the new TwinX 4GB). I Still have all of the old parts (MB- Asus A8N, Processor, HDD) in hopes that I might be able to slavage something from it. I Ran memtest on every configuration of all the components that i have and I had crashes and Memtest errors on all of it. I even ran Memtest on all Modules on a completely different system and it still found the same problems in all ost all of the same address locations. Could it really be that i have 7GB of bad RAM?

My second question is how long does the RMA process take? I have a video project due May1 and this is the only computer i have to do it .

Thanks for the help.

All of the modules are 1 GB. The 3 that I had installed originally are the same model as the TwinX (according to the label anyway). The only difference being the original 3 are the Platinum Series and version 1.6 instead of 8.1 like the TwinX modules.

As for the Bios settings I have tried it with the bios reset to defaults and modified according to settings found here in the forums. I apologize i don't have the thread information on hand from it. If you would like i can get all the settings from the Bios for you to look at.

EDIT: Also, I just found that one of the new TwinX modules keeps the pc from Posting.

• Corsair Employees

That set that is not posting let's get it replaced, and I would suggest you contact our Tech support and we can try and help you with the settings. 800-205-7657

And you can use 1-2 or 4 modules but I would not suggest 3.

I spoke with a guy at Tech Support last night and he helped me with 4 of the 7 sticks. I'm sending back the 2 sticks that won't Post. After doing some more testing with him on the phone we determined that the BSOD that i was getting was because of windows. He suggested that i reinstall and go from there. I reinstalled and I still get the BSOD. Could this be a problem with the MOBO?

Archived