Corsair Community

ASUS P5N32-E SLI + 4x CM2X1024 - 6400C4

HellraZor

Hey guys,

i've got a problem with the board and the ram mentioned in the title.

I know using 4GBs of ram isn't that easy in that board, but the problem is:

On booting Vista (even installer) i've got severeal bluescreens with all the memory installed. but with 2 modules is works pretty good. after installing vista 64, i tried several memory timings and noticed that vista does also boot with 4GB and works without error in memtest or prime95 in the case of no BSOD.

i thought the problem is solved but at next boot i got a bluescreen again.

i've searched on the internet and found a post from ramguy in this forum. he recommends:

disabled SLI Ready

tcl: 4

trcd: 4

trp: 4

tras: 12

ram voltage: 2.0V

command rate: 2T

trc: 22

trfc :24

i've tested this settings at different speeds 533, 667, 800, 853...linked and unlinked and auto.

i've even tested with everting on auto - no change.

the system does boot vista only every 5.-6. try or less.

i dont have much experience with DDR2, but i think it must have something to do with the ram, because the system does boot evertime, if only 2 modules in dual channel are in (both bank combinations tested).

if somebody has got this configuration to work or has a clue what the problem might be - i would be grateful

greetings

hellrazor

PS: if more information is needed - please ask

• Corsair Employees
Please do a search for that problem on http://www.microsoft.com/technet there is a update to solve that issue with Vista and 4 gig of memory as long as the system is passing http://www.memtest.org. And with 4 modules you should be running the memory frequency at DDR667 and I would suggest just letting the Bios set the timings.

thx ram guy,

i've had already found the patch and it looks like it solved the prob with the patch.

im running the 4 modules with the default settings 800mhz 4-4-4-12 2T 2.0V since installation without problems.

thank you anyway...

greetings from germany

hellrazor

Archived