Corsair Community

2GB @ 1T or 3GB @ 2T

I've been running an A8N SLI Premium with AMD Athlon X2 4400+ for about 18 months now, and all that time I've used a set of TWINX1024-3200XL modules running at 2-2-2-5@1t.

I've recently acquired a set of TWINX2048-3200C2pt modules, which, when alone in the motherboard can run at the following timings, 400 MHz:

DDR Voltage: 2.75v

CAS: 2

TRAS: 6

TRCD: 3

TRP: 3

TRC: 9

TRFC: 9

TRWT: 1

TWR: 3

Command Rate: 1T

The problem is, when I try to combine the two sets, I can run fine at those latencies EXCEPT I need to take the command rate from 1T to 2T. So in effect, I now have a choice: Run 2GB memory @ 1T of run 3GB @ 2T. I was wondering if there's anyone out there willing to explain to me what the advantages/disadvantages of both situations are.

Oh, and if you see something wrong/dangerous about this setup, please, do tell. I'm not really an overclocker, so if you think I might have missed something I probably have. For instance, everywhere I've looked I've seen that 2.7xv is the recommended voltage setting for the TWINX2048-3200C2 modules. Do I put them in any danger by running them on 2.80v?

Thanks in advance.

Archived