Corsair Community

RMA Request - Bad Memory Stick

flocher

I have a failed memory module and need to setup a RMA for it.

I have used Memtest 86 v3.3 to confirm the memory failure. I have a Pair of CMX1024-3200PT and 1 stick is showing errors. The other stick passes all tests no matter which slot I put it in so I know the stick is bad. Since this is a matched pair for Dual Channel support do I need to send both sticks in or can you match it with a identical stick?

Details on memory stick.

Purchased 45 days ago.

CMX1024-3200PT XMS3200v5.2

07040752-0

XMS3200 1024MB 400MHz 3-3-3-8

Thanks,

Jason

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

I tried with the Dimm voltage at +.2V but it is still giving errors on the 1 module. The other module works fine regardless of the voltage setting.

Everything is clearly pointing to a bad memory module.

Thanks,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
So I sent my memory in just over a week ago and still don't have a ETA on when my replacement memory will be sent out. Is there anyway I can find out what is going on with my RMA? I would think that 5 business days is more than enough time to process a RMA and sent out a replacement.

Archived