Corsair Community

BAD PC3200 Module...the only one out of 6 sticks

skunk182

OK..I'm not the BEST techie in the world by any means but I have approx. 5yrs of mid-level, admin support for IBM and over 15 years of fixing pc's and servers. Before that I was a PC Tech (in contract with IBM) in charge of approx 600 PC's...and before that I did dial-up tech support for Sprint (remember the dial-up days??? WOW!!) So, I have enough experience to tell when I have a bad memory module.

With that said, I buy a lot of Corsair memory (I really like your stuff) and I have many modules that work beautifully. I have 3 computers that I can test these specific modules (PC3200) and all the sticks work in any of my computers, EXCEPT the one I need an RMA for. It doesn't work in any of my computers and gives the the BSOD (blue screen of death), no matter what computer I put it in. I bought this bad module as a pair...the other one works fine.

Please give me an RMA without any hassel because I've already WASTED hours of my time to narrow it down to a bad CORSAIR Memory Module.

--Eric

Case: Thermaltake Kandalf VA9000SWA Silver Chassis: 1.0mm Aluminum, Front SBezel: Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Motherboard: ABIT AN8-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX55 ClawHammer Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor (Model: ADAFX55ASBOX)

Audio Card: (Included w/Motherboard) AudioMax 7.1Ch - S/PDIF In/Out

Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI-PFC ATX12V 510W

Video Card: ABIT RX600PRO-HDTV Radeon X600PRO 256MB DDR PCI Express x16

Harddrive: WD Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

RAM: CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel

Archived