Corsair Community

MSI P6N Platinum Dual Channel Problems

tweak13

I'm having trouble with a newly built system, memory is showing errors in Memtest but only in dual channel configurations. Testing both sticks one at a time will show them working perfectly.

Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4

Settings:

Voltage: 2.1V

CAS:4

tRCD:4

tRP:4

tRAS:12

Command Rate: 2T

(other timings auto)

I have tried both slot configurations for dual channel and both fail. Is this a motherboard problem, or is it still possible that this is just bad RAM?

EDIT: Thought I'd post a few more configurations I've tried. I've tried setting timings to 5-5-5-15, and lowering speed to 667MHz. Same symptoms as before, single channel fine, dual channel bad.

In another interesting development I installed both RAM sticks in single channel configuration (all previous tests were with only 1 stick) and any single channel combination of slots I use will fail memtest if both sticks are installed. Could this just be an incompatibility between the two sticks? If not, I'm really not looking forward to pulling my motherboard out.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

Hi,

I have the same motherboard. What can i do to make sure the ram is running ok?.

CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Problem i am having is that the RAM is only working in DIMM Slots 1 and 3 obviously when i try slots 1 and 2 for dual channel the doesn't boot at all. i placed each ram in slot 1 and disabled quick boot for extended ram test and it didn't give any errors. I am gonna run memtest now to see if i get any errors.

Right now i am running in single channel mode. both modules are in Slot 1 and 3.

Archived