Corsair Community

Bad Memory2048MB DDR2RAM Corsair TwinX 6400C4 Kit

HI there,

hope you can help me. I will try to explain my suggestion about a bad memory as good as possible. But since I am from Germany my english is not that good.

My Problem:

I recently bought 2 pairs of "2048MB DDR2RAM Corsair TwinX 6400C4 Kit"

to use them with my ASUS Striker Extreme Mainboard. After setting up the system correctly I started the machine. Everything worked fine, but the system just freezes. First I thought that it might be the cooling, so I set everything up new, but it didn't work. The system still freezes. So I tried each memory module seperately and see the system works. I can now install windows without a blue screen saying "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Then I installed all 4 modules again and tried this tool called memtest '86 and it showed me a lot of errors. So the Memory is broke. What shall I do? How am I sending the memory to you, since I don't know which Module to send you? And in case I just have to send you the broken one, I don't have a working kit anymore?! Please help me.

THanks and Greetings from Germany...

Since I am a total beginner I have to be honest and say, that I only used the default "auto" settings. If you could tell me, what I do need to change in order to run a stable system with the memory, i would be very thankful. I read some posting here about the asus striker and my mentioned memory and i tried some of their/your settings for the memory (f.e. memory voltage, memory time settings) but it didn't work (frooze and rebooted), and since I don't want to break anything I'm kind of lost now.

Thank you for your quick answer.

Is this all I have to do? Since I was rather looking for settings like you posted in your "What are the correct timings for My Module?"-Thread. Since the Mainboard in your thread is a different Asus than the Striker Extreme which I have. I am not sure what to set. I would really appreciate, if you can post the settings like you did in your "correct timings"-Thread. Tank you.

I now testet every single module at once and I get errors with 1 module. All the other modules passed 4 times without any error.....same bank each. The errors came up right from the beginning, so I think this module is bad. Every other module works fine, passes the test. In case I get an RMA. I will send in the broken one and the workin twin to get a full new set, right?

Archived