Corsair Community

SODIMM DDR 400MHz 1GB stopped working on my laptop.

My laptop is an ASUS M6842NEBP (M6800N series) and is equipped with two module of VS1GSDS400 (SODIMM DDR 400MHz 1GB).

After 2 years of work without any problem, suddenly the OS freeze (WIN XP while I was using matlab).

After the restart, the laptop cannot pass the boot sequence: the leds flash a couple of times and then it freezes.

If I remove the module installed in the slot 1 the laptop can boot, if I put back the module the laptop cannot boot.

I tried to put back the original 256MB module in the slot 1 and everything is ok.

I tried to put the good 1GB corsair in slot 1 and the original 256MB in the slot 2 and again everything is ok.

I tried to put only the good 1GB corsair in slot 1 and again everything is ok.

I tried to put only the bad 1GB corsair in both the slots and the laptop cannot boot.

Other suggestions?

• 1 month later...

More than 45 days are passed since I shipped my memories (from Italy) and I did not received any reply.

Is there a way to know what is the progress status of my warranty situation?

I don't even know if the envelope is arrived to you or if it was lost on the way...........

Thank you

Alberto

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Archived