Corsair Community

Bad RAM??

ok i have a set of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 and i've had random restarts off the bat, i get memory errors when my programs crash. i ran memtest and at 40% the way through i had 22,000 errors. RAM says it should be 2.1v 4-4-4-12 by default my MB runs them at 2.1V 5-5-5-18, so i simply set my ram at 4-4-4-12 but that didn't help my problems do i have bad RAM?

You have bad module.

Now for the bad news it is strongly recommend that you send in both modules.

You cannot mix revisions.

I’ve seen other motherboards BIOS auto set the TWIN2X 2048-6400XXX timings to 5-5-5-18.

The TWIN2X 2048-6400XXX seems to have a very high failure rate.

If you haven’t noticed all the RMAs in this forum check out the customer reviews for this product at newegg.

This RAM is supposed to be tested, paired up, and sold as matched sets.

If the above was true there should be zero DOA defects.

You can now submit an RMA online.

• Corsair Employees

First thing the return rate is less that .02% of what we sell, you have to look at the volume we sell, most of the issue have been improper settings not being set or some other issue if you really look.

So the first ting to do is make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

drinksalot

I would set the memory voltage to 2.0 Volts on your MB.

Archived