Corsair Community

Asus P5N32-E Sli And XMS2 Problems

rob_talisman

Hi there im hoping somone can help me here. I just bought a full new system and got Locking UP Issues.

MB is Asus P5N32-E SLI NF680i SLI, S 775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533/667/800

CPU is Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, Socket 775, 2.13 GHz, 1066MHz FSB, Allendale Core, 2MB Cache, Retail

Graphics is 320MB Gainward 8800GTS Bliss Golden Sample PCI-E(x16) Mem 1760+MHz GPU 550MHz 96Streams

So i got these guys to give it max Memory (i could afford 2GB only)

(2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2 Dominator,DDR2 PC2-6400,240 Pins, NonECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12, EPP.

Since putting it all together i keep locking up and having to hard reset the machine. Im thinking its a memory issue and have had advise as to what to change settings to but im lost.

On the ram itself it shows 1.2V on a sticker, yet ive seen post saying it should be 2.1V i need to change it to.

Also been told to adjust other settings. Can anyone tell me what these should be adjusted too?

Thank you

Tally

Changed my settings and ran Memtest86+ v1.7 for 15 hours. Memory passed every single time with no errors.

Botted up PC and as soon as loaded opened internet expolerer. FREEZE.

Hard Killed the system and removed one stick of Ram. Loaded up ok, but then i started to play Call Of Duty 2, as soon as the map changed. FREEZE...

Any more suggestions?

Archived