Corsair Community

RMA'd One TWIN2X2048-6400C4D Module

JDAM

I RMA'd one module of TWIN2X2048-6400C4D. The system would not post with the bad module installed.

After 11 days I did not receive a replacement or any correspondence indicating there was a problem. I contacted customer support the rep said the memory was not received but they would send a replacement. I felt something was not right so I contacted customer support about an hour later after locating the tracking number. The rep said there was no record of my call and no part was to be delivered. I gave the rep the USPS tracking number which was delivered 30 March. The rep stated that one replacement module would be shipped today (9 March). This is suspicious because if there was not record of any parts being received how did the rep know to send only one module.

Case # 113701.

OK now I have split up a matched set is there any chance these unmatched modules will work together and perform as advertised? If not will I be able to RMA these unmatched modules for a matched set.

• Corsair Employees

If the modules are the same revision they will run together but you should have submitted the RMA for one Twin2x set and sent both modules.

In addition, if you have a tracking number showing that we received them even we may not show it they will force the order to go threw. I would try the new module and if you have problems, call our customer service and see if they can get both of them replaced for a matching set.

Replacement not received.

Contacted customer support for the fourth time.

Replacement now on backorder and will not be shipped until 18 April.

Tack on 3 days for shipping that’s over 4 weeks since my original RMA request.

Now because I only sent in one of the two DIMMs I will have to submit yet another RAM to gat a matched set.

That is at least another 8 days.

That adds up to about 5 weeks.

My vendor has offered me a full refund but your Customer Support department is refusing to return my original defective parts.

Request assistance

Bad news

Called Customer service RMA shipment delayed another 5 days.

Good news

Spoke with Hussain he offered to go ahead send a complete pair even though I only sent in one module. In addition he tossed in a free 2 Gb memory stick and offered to overnight the package.

Will post if/when items are received as promised.

• 2 weeks later...

It has now been over 50 days since the original RMA was submitted.

I received the 2Gb Flash drive as promised but no memory.

I contacted RMA Dept. the rep stated the RAM was not shipped and that the single TWIN2X2048-6400C4D modules are not in stock.

I stated that the RMA supervisor had promised (on 18 March) that two modules would be shipped immediately in place of the single because of the delay.

The rep promised that 2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4D modules will be shipped today.

I has no idea that sending in only one module was going to cause this much of a headache (for both sides) but I needed to get my new system up and running.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry about that, but there has been some shortage of DDR2 modules lately, please talk to the Customer Service manager and ask them to let you know the progress. 888-222-4346 Ext "0"

Finally replacement received!

As promised the RMA SUP sent a matched pair (TWIN2X2048-6400C4D) in place of the single module and he also tossed in 2 Gig flash drive.

The RAM pass 2 hours of MEMTEST86 with zero failures in the SLI mode.

Video benchmark test increased by 60 percent up from 1100 FPS to 1800 FPS (FreeStone Video Card Stability Test v1.0)

Also got lucky the replacement modules are the same rev (2.1) as the original module so I now have spare module.

Archived