Corsair Community

Dominator 6400 on Asus

1stormchaser

I currently purchased the Dominator Twin 2X2048-6400C4D for my Asus P5N32-E SLI board. Running Windows XP. I ran Mem test (current version) where it produced errors right at the end of "Test 5".

I have read where Test 5 pertains to OC, but I have not changed anything in the bios.

At the boot screen, my bios reads 5-5-5-15, but the Dominators are listed at 4-4-4-12.

Can someone explain both the Test 5 readings and why I may be failing, and why my bios reads 5-5-5-15?

Thanks

Storm

Your RAM is basically running at the default SPD setting, which has looser timings than the advertised ones. If memtest reports an error, that usually means the RAM is faulty. Have you tried installing just one stick and testing it?

DOH.....something I should have done. :D: before putting it all together.

Question....I have been running now for 48 hours straight with no problems. WOW works great. Oblivion not crashing. Temps for this board under load remaining at 39.

Can the problem showing up here be releated to the board itself or is it a result of faulty ramm only?

Hard to say. My suggestion would be to do more tests with Orthos and 3DMark.

Another great way for really stressing your system would be to run Supreme Commander. Use the built-in performance test for initial test run, then either play the game for at least several hours with hundreds of units, or download several replays and watch them. If you don't have it, play the demo.

Archived