Corsair Community

Memory timings, voltaqe reports

nminwalla

I manually set my RAM timings to 4-4-4-12-2T and set memory voltage to 2.1 V. I have three questions:

1. Asus PC Probe II v 1.04.06 reports DDR2 TERM = 1.09V and shows it as beyond the preset thresholds (i.e. highlighted red). What does this voltage represent?

2. NVidia Monitor shows memory voltage as 2.1000V but Asus PC Probe II v 1.04.06 reports it as 2.16V. Which one is correct and if it's the latter, should I worry?

TWIN2x2048-6400C4 memory seems to indicate optimal settings of 4-4-4-12-2T at 2.1V.

3. I have 2 x 1GB memory modules currently installed but also have a 1GB module which is rated at CAS 5. Is it possible or advisable to mix 2 CAS4 modules and 1 CAS5 module in an Asus Striker Extreme?

Thank you in advance.

• Corsair Employees

1. Asus PC Probe II v 1.04.06 reports DDR2 TERM = 1.09V and shows it as beyond the preset thresholds (i.e. highlighted red). What does this voltage represent? The Probe Software will alarm you if the voltages or temps are higher than what you set as max voltage.

2. NVidia Monitor shows memory voltage as 2.1000V but Asus PC Probe II v 1.04.06 reports it as 2.16V. Which one is correct and if it's the latter, should I worry? You will need to refer to Asus on this one.

TWIN2x2048-6400C4 memory seems to indicate optimal settings of 4-4-4-12-2T at 2.1V.

3. I have 2 x 1GB memory modules currently installed but also have a 1GB module which is rated at CAS 5. Is it possible or advisable to mix 2 CAS4 modules and 1 CAS5 module in an Asus Striker Extreme? We never recommend mixing and matching models in the same system.

Archived